These are our legacy forums. Please go to the game walkthrough and scroll to the bottom for our new forums.

Plant Tycoon Forum

Walkthrough
PC Download Apple App Store Mac Download

You want a money cheat ? You have ...

You want a money cheat ?
You have to hex edit the save files for your slot or take PTmoney1.exe to do it for you.
It's a good idea to backup the saved files first.
Step 1. Stop the game and Backup your files (in My Doents\LDW\Plant Tycoon for PC) -
Step 2 - Fix your files for the slot you need with a lot of cache (ex. Plant Tycoon1.ldw). Use Hex editor, go to offset 0x2180 and change the first 2 bytes with FFFF - this is for $65535. You can change the next 2 bytes also, but don't be too greedy - yu could end with $-1 :) Save it.
If you cannot work with hex editor - search for the .exe
Step 3 - Start the game and check if you have any oney - Enjoy:)

Note: When stopping the game before the backup, be sure to set Options/Stop Time for each slot and
close the game (better using the X in the upper right corner) . Otherwise it may stay running and
dissappear from the screen. If this happens , when you try to starty the game in Step3 it will not appear - in this case , just log on/ log off and start the game.

By santy
09/23/2007
Can you advise where to find ptmoney1.exe? Thanks
By santy
09/23/2007
Can you advise where to find ptmoney1.exe? Thanks
By edsbrat
09/25/2007
just use cheat o matic its easier . and is free
By edsbrat
09/25/2007
P.S. just look it up yahoo is the best place to find it
By chewyl
10/05/2007
hi! thanx for the money cheat! my nursery is now complete with upgrades. hehe i was able to buy everything without spending much time selling plants! =D no need to move clock forward cause i can buy insta-grow vaporbomb! i took pity on my sister though spending too much time growing and selling plants in the evening.. so while she was asleep i hex edited her money to 10K. just 10K hehe.. and she had no idea what i did. she just thought i played on her account! hehe

that was sweeet! and no sweat! thanx CheatLover! =)
By nadya
10/06/2007
i don't understand how to do it..
help me pls..
By chewyl
10/06/2007
ok, your game is saved in drive C, My Doents folder. Inside is a folder named LDW. When you open LDW folder, you should find Plant Tycoon folder. Inside the plant tycoon folder are files named plant tycoon 1, plant tycoon 2, so on and so fourth. These files can only be edited by a hex editor (search in google: hex editor, there are free hex editors which you can download)

when you have installed hex editor, open your file (mine is plant tycoon 1). Edit offset 0x2180 to FFFF. But be carefull, you might be editing someone else's money and not yours! =) there you go, good luck!
By savahnabanana
10/06/2007
Holy CRAP!!!! I couldn't find 2180 so I just started changing different ones and it worked!!!!!

I got over $$16 million dollars!!!!!!

Too bad we couldn't use this on our checking accounts!!! :D

This was awesome!! Thank you so much!!!!!

And those who don't know how to do it, don't make it harder than it is! It was very easy.

Thanks again!!
By chewyl
10/07/2007
yipee! i just got all six magic plants! =) i still need to catch 6 bugs though!
By loner
10/07/2007
hi,, i had just started playing tis game. is seem to be interesting. can someone tel me how to work out the cheat for the money??
thanz.
By sapphire2113
10/14/2007
I found the 00002180 what do I change? Please help.
By jamiemac
10/24/2007
What is the most expensive plant to sell?
By charley
10/27/2007
Ahh... Using the money cheat hex-edit... You don't need that, just catch bugs, sell plants.. Cheating is not the way to go. I'm Kasey323.ink for the ldwforums.com. Please don't cheat, since it will make you cheaters look bad, and pathetic that they can't complete a game without cheating and hex-editing.

If you're just beggining a new Plant Tycoon game, try to breed the Venomous Gr (which is a Tier 2 flower/Tier 2 foliage) but should srvive in Level 1 soil long enough to self-pollinate and sell. Sell these Venomous Gr at $136.

Plant Tycoon Fan created Guides can be found in the link below:
http://www.ldwforums.c...
By cheatlover
10/27/2007
For Money Cheat ( to make gameplay more fin:)
PTmoney1.exe + Docs is here:
http://mega.stoychev.net/PlantTycoon/
By kodak
03/02/2008
since people want Pt money here is the link, try to find out how to work it yourself ^^
http://mega.stoychev.net/PlantTycoon
By cougerwinter
03/22/2008
PLEASE HELP!!! I was trying to get the money cheat to work. I followed chewy1's advice above and downloaded the HEX program. All well until the last bit.

What do you mean by "edit offset 0x2180". I opened the HEX program which showed a blank grid. I clicked on Open and opened Plant Tycoon, Plant Tycoon1.ldw. The grid then filled up with numbers but I couldnt find the 0x2180 anywhere.

I then went into EDIT and clicked on "Insert String" and put 0x2180 and then clicked on "Overwrite String" and typed in FFFF. This changed the numbers on the grid and in the far right column the initial numbers etc was "0x2180 FFFF followed by an English Pound symbol, a few other letters and then my name....etc"

It asked me to save which I did and OH NOooooo!!!! When I opened my Plant Tycoon game my name had disappeared from slot one. Alll my hard work LOST! What did I do wrong?

PLEASE CAN ANYONE HELP? What was I supposed to have done with the HEX program?
By all
04/21/2008
I'm sorry but i don't know you u guys got that cheat to work. I have done all the things you have posted and it doesn't work. Soo if you think i'm doing something work then let me know.
By dj raymond
09/03/2008
DJ Raymond

Hi! I now have 3 magic plants,(fourpetal maple, rosacae fern, and fabled lemonbush) and when I found the PTmoney, I saw that I alreafy have 1 million +. But how can I get the purple rose, I saw aome pictures on the internet and saw a purple rose. It drives me crazy
Please help. :(
By whiskers4me
02/02/2012
where would i look for hex editor i went to the link and all of them are bad
By unicorn
02/03/2012
I can't get the cheat to work for me...
:((((((((((((((((((((
By unicorn
02/03/2012
OH GREAT i JUST DELETED MY GAME TOTALLY AND i HAD 3 MAGIC PLANTS...
By panda
05/22/2012
I FEEL SO BAD 4 U UNICORN ( hint i love ur name the unicorn)

Truley, panda
By -johnny-
07/19/2012
THANKS A BUNCH MAN :D
By john
01/18/2013
Can you get me the edited file with a lot money.
By mnf
02/20/2013
i don no where is that my doent folder??? lol lol.....
By dimps!
09/09/2013
I don't know about all that they typed but I used Cheat Engine 6.2 easy download to find on yahoo or google. Open the program then open your game. Click the pc icon on left top corner of cheat engine that says "select a process to open. Plant tycoon will be on the list click it the open. In the value field next to the word Hex, type 250(that's how much money the game starts with) a whole list will come up with 250. Now scroll the whole list and make sure everything is either 250 or 000 (just make a mental note) Now click on the actual game and buy two common seeds now you have 150$. Click back on cheat engine and scroll the same list again there will be ONE number that has changed and is now ALSO 150. That's the file you want u've isolated the money file. Double click it or move it to the bottom section. Click on the 150 which will now be under the word value. Add as much as u want up to 999999 click ok u will see the money instantly go from 150 to your typed in amount save( I usually add a 1 or 2 when I save so as not to change the original file) now u play with cash!!
By raj
11/16/2013
Worked like a charm.
Very helpfull.
Thank you very much.

Need more than 3 trays to save seeds.
By plant tycoon
03/21/2014
1st: INSTALL HEX EDITOR THEN OPEN IT.

2nd: GO TO FILE AT THE EDGE OF HEX EDITOR (CLICK) IT THEN (CLICK) OPEN THEN (CLICK) MY COMPUTER OPEN DRIVE:-C THEN OPEN USER THEN OPEN THE FILE WHICH HAS NAME OF SOMEONE LIKE:-(MANDI)YOU MAY OPEN IT THEIR WILL BE A FILE MY DOENTS OPEN IT THEN OPEN THE FILE NAMED LDW OPEN IT THEN (CLICK) PLANT TYCOON 1.

3rd: FIND THE NUMBER 00002180 AND IN FRONT OF THAT WRITE ee ee ee.

4th: OPEN THE GAME PLANT TYCOON AND YOU WILL GET MORE THAN $15000000.

LAST: ENJOY THE GAME!!!!
By elrimili
04/04/2014
only one that worked for ma was the one by dimps!
thanks a lot :)
By green-eyed girl
04/05/2014
I have plant tycoon on iPad and for me 00002180 row did nothing, but after some seed selling and HEX code monitoring and comparing i found, which line is my money line.
1. I used HxD editor, free
2. Made a copy of Plant Tycoon1.lwd, i something went wrong. And another one for editing
3. I had 713 coins, then after selling a seed 714, and after that 719. Googled some HEX - DECIMAL converters and got hex values (2c9, 2ca, 2cf) - in file these values looked like this - C9 02, CA 02, CF 02.
4. So my line was 000026F0, i changed CF 02 00 00 with FF 02 FF 00 for last 4 bits (this is the end of that line), and got 16712447 coins :)

And doing that was scary :)
By green-eyed girl
04/05/2014
Doing the hack on iPad is a bit difficult, because you have to have access to the files. If someone is interested in how to do that, shout me out :)
By lizzy202
10/30/2014
Please can someone help me - i have a mac...and i want moneyyyyyy :)
These are our legacy forums. Please go to the game walkthrough and scroll to the bottom for our new forums.