These are our legacy forums. Please go to the game walkthrough and scroll to the bottom for our new forums.

Westward 2: Heroes of the Frontier Forum

Walkthrough

how do i open the one cave that yo...

how do i open the one cave that you have to build a bridge to get to in bandit base? and is this where i will capture their leader? if not, where do i capture him??

By splotchie
05/02/2008
I'm on my second run through of the game and I didn't find this answer the first time, but just did and remembered seeing your question.

I believe you are asking about the cave door on the other side of the trading post on the south side of the river. This is not the gate to the bandits hideout. Its a secret area for treasure. DO NOT READ IF YOU DO NOT WANT SPOILER

To open this door you must build a well in the sand pit at the northern end of town. You'll find a rusty key and a riddle. Take your hero to the old shack in the forest on the south side of the river. The key from the pit will open the shack and you'll find a key to the door across from the trading post. You'll have to build a bridge to cross over. Then go to the door. It'll open revealing 600 wood and 600 gold and plans and pipes. Haven't done this part yet, but I believe I will now have working fountains instead of just standing water. Hope that helped and good luck!
These are our legacy forums. Please go to the game walkthrough and scroll to the bottom for our new forums.